The safety of our students, team members and visitors is our priority. So here are some of the changes we've made to keep you safe while you're on our campuses.
- We will be returning on the basis of a 2m social distancing rule to protect the health and safety of our students and our team.
- Everybody needs to wear a face covering at all times unless you have a medical reason why you can't wear one.
- We've installed hand sanitisation stations throughout our campuses. Everybody needs to wash their hands regularly to protect themselves and others.
- We're getting our campuses and communal building areas cleaned daily.
- Buildings occupied by Northcoders are operating one-way systems where possible.
- You won't be required to come into the lecture room for lectures – you can enjoy them from the comfort of your computer in the main campus, or from home if you so choose.
- Your meetings with your mentor will be socially distanced, and we can arrange for you to have your mentor meeting remotely if you choose (even if you're both on campus!)
- We may ask students to register your attendance in the morning so that we can comply with track and trace, should we need to.
- The kitchen areas won't be in use. If you're a student, we as you to bring your own crockery, cutlery and food, keep these in your area and take them with you at the end of the day.
- Anybody with symptoms of coronavirus will have to leave campus straight away, and self-isolate in accordance with the government's guidelines.
Ultimately, nothing is more important than keeping our people safe – we thank you for doing your part during this difficult time.
Head of Software Development
Recruitment and Hiring
Job Hunting Tips For Bootcamp Graduates? Recent Graduate Judit Weighs In
I have been asked to write about my experience of looking for a job as a fresh coding bootcamp graduate in the times of coronavirus and lockdown. I was told that other graduates might be lacking confidence and telling about my tips and tricks might help them.
Meet the Team: Maddison
In our latest post in our Meet the Team series, we meet one of the first people you'll likely speak to when you apply to Northcoders – our Onboarding Manager, Maddison Griffiths. Get to know Maddison, what he loves about his job and what he does outside of it!