Full Time•Manchester, Leeds or Remote
Digital Marketing Executive
Northcoders is an industry-leading and industry-led coding school and tech house. COVID has given us time to innovate, so with lots of exciting things in the pipeline we are hiring a Digital Marketing Executive to help us achieve our ambitions. Northcoders is a community-driven company and we approach our work with ambition, passion, energy and love. We think this is a great place to work!
We live and breathe a set of values to our community, clients, partners and our team:
- We put people first.
- We champion inclusion.
- We strive for excellence.
- We evolve and adapt.
What you’ll be doing:
Britain needs more tech skills, and we exist to solve that problem. We train people from all walks of life to learn to code, and help businesses leverage those skills to build exceptional technology.
- Being ‘the voice’ of Northcoders online!
- Working alongside the team in maintaining/developing marketing plans in line with our vision
- Building a relevant audience across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram (and any other channels you’d suggest as relevant to generate inbound leads
- Developing content strategy across blogs, social media and email
- Managing, growing and engaging communities across our channels
- Creating inspiring, consistent content, working closely with design and video production
- Understanding how the content you create is contributing to helping people decide to change their lives, and use data to experiment and improve
- Understanding how your work is contributing to equality, diversity and inclusion in the tech industry
- Keep on top of emerging social media and industry trends and incorporate them as appropriate into our strategy
- CRM experience (Hubspot)
- CMS experience
- 2 years’ relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Organised and able to plan efficiently
- Self-starter with plenty of initiative
What we’re looking for:
- You've had a great start to your digital marketing career, and can tell us about the impact you’ve made so far
- You’re confident writing energetic and engaging copy across a range of platforms and delivering email campaigns
- With plenty of confidence with organic and paid social media, you know at least three social platforms like the back of your hand!
- Creative flair? Initiative? You'll have plenty! We're a small business, so we want to meet a self-starter
- You enjoy getting stuck in! We want to meet someone who is excited to try things out, experiment and work with people across the business
- You should at least have a passing interest in learning about tech (we’re a tech company!)
Location: Based from our campus in Manchester City Centre, 5 minutes from Oxford Road Station (but you may be required to visit our other sites occasionally) or from our Leeds hub. Flexible working options negotiable, particularly during COVID.
Safeguarding: We are an education provider. You may have contact with, children, young people or vulnerable adults.
Hours: Full time but with the added benefit of a half a day off weekly, of your choice.
Salary: up to £30,000, dependent upon experience
How to apply: Please download the application form and email it to [email protected], explaining why you’d love to be part of our team and how passionate you are about digital media.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and Adults at Risk. The successful applicant must undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For us, success means having a genuine impact on the people, communities and the industry we’re a part of. We believe that no matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love or who you worship, you should be welcomed. We stand with #BlackLivesMatter, affirm all gender identities and sexualities and support people living with disabilities and neurodiversities. When you become a Northcoder, you pledge not to tolerate discrimination, and become part of a wider mission to do our bit to contribute towards equality.
Northcoders is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome all applicants regardless of background. We are committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities for all.