Full Time•Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham or Newcastle
Head of Funding & Compliance
The Northcoders Group provides compassionate tech education. We’re a community-driven organisation and we approach our work with ambition, passion, energy and love. We like to think this is a great place to work!
We live and breathe a set of values to our community, clients, partners and our team:
• We put people first.
• We champion inclusion.
• We strive for excellence.
• We evolve and adapt.
About the job
The main purpose of your role will be to provide a robust service that covers all aspects of learning provision to meet contractual, financial and quality requirements. This will include the input and maintenance of apprenticeship and learner data to key systems to support funding, contract compliance and management information.
Essential skills and behaviours
You will need previous experience in a compliance/funding role and apprenticeship funding knowledge is essential. This key role will play a vital part in ensuring that our processes and systems are compliant with Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) funding rules. Your expertise in apprenticeship funding and compliance will ensure that funding risk is minimised ahead of any audit through the completion of a regular internal audit cycle and associated improvement actions.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative person who will be responsible for ensuring that funding data is accurately submitted. You will also be responsible for the management of compliance and operational policies that impact funding claims within apprenticeship delivery.
We’re looking for...
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the ESFA funding rules for Apprenticeships and Adult Education Budget
- Expert knowledge and understanding of ILR data
- Experience and successful delivery of ESFA provider funding audit
- Good analytical skills and competent working with large volumes of data
- Experience of process documentation and implementation across a large-scale national workforce
- Strong problem-solving skills and capable of making educated decisions
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Work closely with the Quality Team in preparation for inspections and the production of Self-Assessment Reports and Quality Improvement Plans
- Do our values resonate with you? Great! In many ways, there’s nothing more important than this
You’ll be able to show us your experience of…
- Managing administration and audits
- Working delivering to the requirements of ESFA funding rules
- Competently using Microsoft Office applications
- Compliance, quality, verification, auditing and reporting
- End to end process for EPA
- The Ofsted inspection framework
- Working in the area of apprenticeships.
- Working with apprenticeship systems such as the Apprenticeship Service.
- Working within a complex-work based training provider
Safeguarding: We are an education provider. You may have responsibility for, and contact with, children, young people or vulnerable adults. If you’re made an offer, it will be conditional based on you completing an Enhanced DBS check.
Hours: e.g. 37.5 hours per week, with benefit of half day off each week
Location: Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham or Newcastle (remote working options)
Line manager: Lisa Claydon, Managing Director of Apprenticeships
How to apply: Download our application form below, and return it, alongside your CV, to the email address shown on the form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and Adults at Risk. The successful applicant must undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We offer shared parental leave as well as parental leave policies exceeding the statutory minimum, flexible working and health insurance. We believe that no matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love or who you worship, you should be welcomed. We stand with #BlackLivesMatter, affirm all gender identities and sexualities and supports people living with disabilities and neurodiversities. When you become a Northcoder, you pledge to stand against discrimination.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants regardless of background. We believe education should be enjoyed by everyone equally. We are committed to eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities for all.