Full Time•Manchester, Leeds or Remote
Recruitment Resource Executive
Northcoders is an industry-leading and industry-led coding school. COVID has given us time to innovate, so with lots of exciting things in the pipeline we are hiring a Recruitment Resource Executive to help our current bootcamp students kick-start their careers in tech by finding rewarding work as software developers. Northcoders is a community-driven company and we approach our work with ambition, passion, energy and love. We like to think this is a great place to work!
We are looking for an experienced Resource Executive. Experience in the tech industry is preferred but not required. You will have a vested interest in people and your passion will be in creating and maintaining strong relationships with students on course and also Northcoders graduates throughout their whole career. People come first at Northcoders, so your role will be to maintain and grow our community, coach and assist our graduates into their first role in tech and generating long-lasting relationships with hiring partners to provide further training course opportunities. We don’t charge our partners recruitment fees for placing our talented graduates – this role is all about building strong, new, long lasting relationships.
- Conduct client-focused, impartial, personal career guidance interviews with learners and students which challenge and support them to make informed, realistic and adaptable career decisions based on self and opportunity awareness, aspirations, motivation and confidence
- Make informed and relevant introductions to our hiring partner from our recently graduated Northcoders, acting as a matchmaking service to ensure the ‘right fit’ between company and alumni
- Set up and conduct personal 1-to-1’s with our students to review and critique CVs, stage ‘mock interviews’, give appropriate feedback and assist with their personal brand.
- Accurately input data into our internal database Hubspot to ensure client information is our single source of truth.
- Deliver Careers Week sessions in a tutor led environment.
- Confident and motivated in the direct sourcing, recruitment and selection of appropriate tech roles from new and existing hiring partners
- Identify skills and behaviours throughout the selection process to match appropriate skills against hiring partner requirements.
- Use expert knowledge of careers and labour market information and intelligence to enable students to identify, access, interpret and use current information that is relevant to them.
- Organise careers fairs/hiring partner presentations and events to generate visibility to opportunities within the tech sector for junior roles.
- Generate leads for the commercial and growth teams and make introductions with new hiring partners and identify further B2B sales opportunities.
- Work closely with the growth marketing manager to design and implement marketing campaigns to assist new campaigns to increase brand awareness, promote graduate opportunities, run graduate and wider community events and keep Northcoders engaged in our community for the whole of their career in tech.
Desirable skills and behaviours
- You’re confident on the phone, and know it’s “phone first, email second”.
- “People person”? Perfect! This is a highly empathetic role, guiding people through their career aspirations, CVs and interview techniques. You’ll be the person they turn to when they meet bumps in the road.
- You communicate in a friendly, engaging and supportive way, whether it’s via our online chatbot, phone, email or Zoom.
- You take a methodical approach to sales activity, meticulously logging information and organising your work carefully to ensure a consistently brilliant customer experience
- You don’t need to be able to code, but you should at least have a passing interest in learning about tech (we’re a tech company!)
- A background in recruitment or a previous careers advisor with a passion for sales will be an advantage, particularly if you worked with the tech sector
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and Adults at Risk. The successful applicant must undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We offer shared parental leave as well as parental leave policies exceeding the statutory minimum, flexible working and health insurance. We believe that no matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love or who you worship, you should be welcomed. We stand with #BlackLivesMatter, affirm all gender identities and sexualities and support people living with disabilities and neurodiversities. When you become a Northcoder, you pledge to stand against discrimination.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants regardless of background. We believe education should be enjoyed by everyone equally. We are committed to eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities for all.
Safeguarding: We are an education provider. You may have responsibility for, and contact with, children, young people or vulnerable adults
Contract: Full time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, with benefit of half day off each week
Salary: £25,000 plus commission structure
Benefits: Contributory pension, optional healthcare insurance, shared parental leave and one half day off per week to help you manage your life admin and self-care
Location: Based from our head office campus in Manchester or from our Leeds hub (but you may be required to visit our other sites occasionally) you’ll be working remotely most of the time due to current restrictions but happy to be in the office when restrictions lift, you will report to the Chief Commercial Officer/Head of Partnerships and flexible working options are negotiable, particularly during COVID. Fully remote applications will be considered.
Line manager: Amy Wild, Chief Commercial Officer / Head of Partnerships
How to apply: Please download the application form and email it to [email protected], along with your CV.