Full Time•Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham or Newcastle
Skills & Quality Lead
The Northcoders Group provides compassionate tech education. We’re a community-driven organisation and we approach our work with ambition, passion, energy and love. We like to think this is a great place to work!
We live and breathe a set of values to our community, clients, partners and our team:
• We put people first.
• We champion inclusion.
• We strive for excellence.
• We evolve and adapt.
About the job
The Skills and Quality Lead will manage caseload of learners while supporting other Skills Coaches within the Team to provide all of the pastoral care, reviews, milestones and regular contact to keep learners on track. This means that those with specialist skills can purely focus on delivery and as such their time can go further.
This role will support the skills coaches and apprentices through to the successful completion of their apprenticeship programme.
Essential skills and behaviours
- Alongside managing your own caseload you will manage and maintain learner caseloads and carry out regular learner interventions with the Skills Coaches
- Responsible for upskilling and providing guidance to the skills coaches in your direct reporting line
- Ensure evidence for learning, achievement, funding and Ofsted is captured effectively and timely including:
- 20% OJT requirements are fully met and recorded as per procedure
- Individualised learning programmes, agreed with employer and learner based on initial assessments and including Maths and English – Ensuring that the quality evidence is available.
- Plan the end point assessment process with learners and employers, ensuring preparation and practice is included in the learning plan
- Inspire and motivate learners and identify any barriers and adapt to your learners’ needs
- Motivate and drive learners to achieve their qualifications on time.
- Deliver Maths and English (and ICT where applicable), to support the learner’s achievement and progress in these areas
- Ensure marking and feedback to the learner is accurate and supports their development
- Work closely with the Head of Quality on best practice, development needs and providing sampling, monitoring as detailed in the IQA plan.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with employers ensuring progression and new leads are generated
- Produce accurate and timely reports as agreed with your line manager based on your KPI’s
- Contribute to the production of high-quality learning materials
- Living the values of the Group through positive behaviours and attitude
- To actively contribute to our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- We want to meet someone with strong experience working on apprenticeships
- The ideal candidate must also be competent with the EIF (Education Inspection Framework) by Ofsted, carry out OTLA's, hold standardisation meetings and Tutors 121's on a monthly basis
- We’re looking for a solid understanding of apprenticeships and the requirements of the ESFA funding Rules.
- You'll need to be a proficient at teaching Functional Skills Maths and English, with the ability to pass your skills and knowledge on to your team
- You’re organised, and enjoy taking a methodical and logical approach to tasks
- We strive for excellence at Northcoders, so we want to meet someone passionate about supporting others to learn
- Northcoders teaches tech, so while we aren’t looking for someone with extensive technical experience, you should have some familiarity with the terminology used in software development. Our Technical Coaches will support learners alongside you!
- Creative flair? Initiative? You’ll have plenty! We’re a small business, so we want to meet a self-starter.
Safeguarding: We are an education provider. You may have responsibility for, and contact with, children, young people or vulnerable adults. If you’re made an offer, it will be conditional based on you completing an Enhanced DBS check.
Hours: e.g. 37.5 hours per week, with benefit of half day off each week
Location: Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham or Newcastle (remote working options)
Line manager: Lisa Claydon, Managing Director of Apprenticeships
How to apply: Download our application form below, and return it, alongside your CV, to the email address shown on the form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and Adults at Risk. The successful applicant must undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We offer shared parental leave as well as parental leave policies exceeding the statutory minimum, flexible working and health insurance. We believe that no matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love or who you worship, you should be welcomed. We stand with #BlackLivesMatter, affirm all gender identities and sexualities and supports people living with disabilities and neurodiversities. When you become a Northcoder, you pledge to stand against discrimination.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants regardless of background. We believe education should be enjoyed by everyone equally. We are committed to eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities for all.