Full Time•Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham or Newcastle
Software Development Technical Coach
The Northcoders Group provides compassionate tech education. We’re a community-driven organisation and we approach our work with ambition, passion, energy and love. We like to think this is a great place to work!
We live and breathe a set of values to our community, clients, partners and our team:
• We put people first.
• We champion inclusion.
• We strive for excellence.
• We evolve and adapt.
About the job
As a Technical skills coach you will be managing a caseload of learners on our Software Development Apprenticeship programme. You will be supporting learners through successful completion of their programme by providing guidance and support to them and their employers.
You will maintain regular contact with your learners and their employers to demonstrate formal progress and planning of progression for the learner.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to truly use your knowledge and expertise within software development whilst helping and encouraging learners through their apprenticeship programme – all whilst working autonomously and managing your own time!
Essential skills and behaviours
You’ll need to...
- Have excellent communication on skills, and love building relationships with people
- You’re adept at understanding what makes learners tick, and working out the unique support they need to thrive
- You provide helpful, clear feedback that motivates people
- You can spot potential barriers to learners’ progress and achievement, and know how to overcome them
- Used to keeping on top of your admin? Great! We’re looking for someone who keeps their inbox clean and keeps on top of digital filing!“
To be considered, you'll need a good knowledge of Government-funded apprenticeships
- We’re looking for a someone with full-stack software development knowledge. You’ll probably have worked in the industry, or have a relevant qualification.
- Have you supported learners to achieve Functional Skills English or Maths? This would be an advantage, but isn’t required
Safeguarding: We are an education provider. You may have responsibility for, and contact with, children, young people or vulnerable adults. If you’re made an offer, it will be conditional based on you completing an Enhanced DBS check.
Hours: e.g. 37.5 hours per week, with benefit of half day off each week
Location: Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham or Newcastle (remote working options)
Line manager: Lisa Claydon, Managing Director of Apprenticeships
How to apply: Download our application form below, and return it, alongside your CV, to the email address shown on the form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and Adults at Risk. The successful applicant must undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We offer shared parental leave as well as parental leave policies exceeding the statutory minimum, flexible working and health insurance. We believe that no matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love or who you worship, you should be welcomed. We stand with #BlackLivesMatter, affirm all gender identities and sexualities and supports people living with disabilities and neurodiversities. When you become a Northcoder, you pledge to stand against discrimination.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants regardless of background. We believe education should be enjoyed by everyone equally. We are committed to eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities for all.